The Michigan Psychoanalytic Society represents the clinical, professional, and research interests of psychoanalysis, psychoanalytic psychotherapy, and applied psychoanalysis.
Susan Flinders, Ph.D.President, Michigan Psychoanalytic Societysusanflinders@gmail.com(248)363-4420
MPS Psychoanalytic Collective
Lifting the Veil of Silence on Systemic, Institutional Internalized Racism
MPS Position Statement on Racism
We are professionals who want to learn more about the mind and the full human being.
The Society as a Professional Association
The Michigan Psychoanalytic Society (MPS) is a professional membership organization for psychoanalysts, psychoanalytic psychotherapists, and academics with an interest in psychoanalytic theory. MPS is a group of over 100 psychoanalysts, psychoanalytic psychotherapists, and psychoanalysts-in-training. We work clinically with our patients, teach and supervise other professionals in clinical training, and consult to other organizations in our communities.
Society Sponsored Events
In order to expand on our professional training, MPS sponsors free monthly Scientific Meetings and an Annual Symposium, covering a single topic in depth in an all-day event.
Society Membership Benefits
Membership in MPS offers fellowship and a shared purpose. Your dues include these other concrete benefits:
- Continuing Education Credits for psychiatrists, psychologist, social workers and counselors.
- Admission to the Symposium is included in the membership fee
- Access to the PepWeb, a comprehensive database of psychoanalytic journals and some books.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Society is to represent the clinical, professional, and research interests of psychoanalysis and its members. This mission is accomplished by:
- Maintaining liaison with organized psychoanalysis, psychiatry, psychology, and medicine on state and national levels
- Providing a forum for scientific and post-graduate development for members and the local psychoanalytic community
- Active involvement in a variety of community outreach programs of interest and concern to members
The Society is an affiliate society of the American Psychoanalytic Association (May, 1963) and a sub-specialty society of the Michigan State Medical Society.
Officers of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Society
|President||Susan Flinders, Ph.D.||email@example.com|
|Treasurer||Elisabeth Weinstein, M.D.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Representatives to the|
Executive Council of APsaA
|Margaret Walsh, Ph.D. |
Susan Flinders, Ph.D.