Representing the clinical, professional, and research interests of psychoanalysis, psychoanalytic psychotherapy, and applied psychoanalysis.
Rebecca Mair, Ph.D.President, Michigan Psychoanalytic Societyrmairphd@gmail.com(313) 821-0098
Lifting the Veil of Silence on Systemic, Institutional Internalized Racism
The Michigan Psychoanalytic Society (MPS) is a professional membership organization for psychoanalysts, psychoanalytic psychotherapists, and academics with an interest in psychoanalytic theory. MPS is a group of over 100 psychoanalysts, psychoanalytic psychotherapists, and psychoanalysts-in-training. In addition to our work with our patients in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy, we teach, supervise other professionals in clinical training, and consult to other organizations in our communities.
We have come to psychoanalysis as professionals who have wanted to learn even more about the mind and the full human being than we could learn in our previous professional training. To this end, MPS sponsors monthly Scientific Meetings, that are free to the public, and an Annual Symposium, an all-day event covering a single topic in depth.
In addition to fellowship and a shared purpose, MPS also offers certain concrete benefits to its members.
- Continuing Education Credits for psychiatrists, psychologist, social workers and counselors.
- Admission to the Symposium is included in the membership fee
- Access to the PepWeb, a comprehensive database of psychoanalytic journals and some books.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Society is to represent the clinical, professional, and research interests of psychoanalysis and its members. This mission is accomplished by:
- Maintaining liaison with organized psychoanalysis, psychiatry, psychology, and medicine on a state and national level.
- Providing a forum for scientific and post-graduate development for members and the local psychoanalytic community
- Active involvement in a variety of community outreach programs of interest and concern to members
The Society is an affiliate society of the American Psychoanalytic Association (May, 1963) and a sub-specialty society of the Michigan State Medical Society.
Officers of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Society
|President||Rebecca Mair, Ph.D.||email@example.com|
|President-Elect||Susan Flinders, Ph.D.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Kathleen Moore, Ph.D.||email@example.com|
|Treasurer||Elisabeth Weinstein, M.D.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Representatives to the|
Executive Council of APsaA
|Margaret Walsh, Ph.D. |
Susan Flinders, Ph.D.