The mission of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute is to promote education and research in psychoanalysis as a scientific and clinical discipline as well as a method of treatment for mental health problems.
This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing training to qualified individuals to become psychoanalysts
- Providing a wide range of educational programs about psychoanalytic perspecives and treatment methods to mental health professionals
- Presenting educational programs in psychoanalysis applied to topics of interest to the general public
- Offering psychoanalytic programs and consultation to community agencies, educational organizations, and other institutions
- Promoting and organizing research to further psychoanalytic knowledge of mental functioning
- Providing supervised psychoanalysis and supervised psychoanalytic psychotherapy to individuals in the community