The psychotherapy programs are open to academics and professionals in other disciplines as well as to mental health professionals.
- The Advanced Training in Adult Psychdynamic Psychotherapy program is a structured, in-depth program requiring a two year commitment with an optional third year. Classes meet one evening per week for two seminars.
- The Child Development and Clinical Issues Program is a modular program which can be tailored to the needs and interests of the individual participant.
- The Psychotherapy Fellowship meets weekly for one year.
- The Developmental Sequence* meets weekly for one year.
- The Assessment and Beginning Treatment Sequence* meets weekly for one year.
*Either of these year-long courses may be taken independently or can be used toward completion of the Advanced Training in Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (ATAPP) program. Attending both courses fulfills the first year of ATAPP; students then have the option to continue with the full program for a certificate of completion. The Developmental Sequence may be used toward completion of the Child Development and Clinical Issues Program (CDCIP).
These programs carry CME/CE credits.
Cancellation of night classes due to inclement weather:
If weather conditions develop during the day, the Instructor will make a decision and inform the Institute by noon as to whether or not the class will be cancelled. The office staff will then notify each student by email. Please check your email throughout the afternoon.
At any time an individual decides that it is too dangerous to drive from his or her location and/or is uncomfortable driving even if classes are not cancelled, that student should feel free to make such a decision without any questions from the Institute.
If you are unable to attend class at any time during the year, please notify the Instructor directly (not the Institute).